Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Do I ever cross your mind?

Do I ever cross your mind?

Do you ever think about me?

When you're alone up in the night?

Left with your thoughts and wishes,

Somewhere out of sight

Do you ever dream or picture

Of how our life could have been?

If we had strived to fight for a love

That we felt was truly real

Sometimes my heart goes numb,

I almost cannot feel


Do you ever look at old photos

The ones with smiling faces?

Or have you thrown those away,

Have others taken their places

Does your heart ever feel warmth?

For the love we used to share?

Or like the photos,

Have your feelings for me become something old

Sometimes I cannot feel,

My heart has turned cold


Do you refrain yourself

Whispering my name from your lips?

Have you forgotten

The feel of my skin on your fingertips?

Do memories sometimes tease you?

With our footprints on sand

Like a tattoo inscripted in your head,

Do you see me when asleep?

My heart has turned cold.

My love for you is no longer deep


Do you ever replay

Our old conversations at times in your head?

Alone when desires come to life,

And you wish that were dead

Do emotions ever swallow you?

Making you have regrets?

Or take you back in the past,

Where love made time stand still

My love for you is no longer deep;

We’ve lost what was real


Do you ever question?

If we would have made it through the rain

If we had forgiven our mistakes,

Would there have been so much pain

Do I ever cross your mind

Or have those memories finally been erased?

Have you moved on?

I guess I will never know

We have lost what was real,

So I learned to let you go

No comments: